Teaching Homes for ChristAbout Us
Teaching Homes for Christ (THC) is a West Chicago based homeschool parent support group
Who we are:
We are a collection of Christian families that are homeschooling all or some of our children and want to share our love of Jesus Christ.
We are parents who need encouragement and support to press on with the sometimes daunting task of being a disciple, parent, and teacher to our children.
We seek to provide an opportunity for homeschool parents to talk and interact with other homeschool parents to share ideas, to encourage, and support one another.
*** This year THC is waiving our membership fee. We are planning events that we hope will provide encouragement for you in a safe way!
Statement of Faith:
- We believe the Bible in its original autograph to be the infallible
Word of God, the supreme and final authority for all faith and life.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension and His return in power and glory.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin and is therefore spiritually dead and at enmity with God.
- We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to man and requires belief in the Lord Jesus Christ and His substitutionary death on the cross paying the penalty for man’s sin.
- We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to convict men, grant repentance and faith, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers through our common faith in Jesus Christ and that lesser doctrinal differences which may exist should not hinder the cooperation of Christian home educators.
- We believe that marriage is ordained by God, is between one man and one woman as set forth in the Bible, and is intended to be a picture of Jesus Christ and the Church.
- Fall Welcome Picnic (outdoors, please bring your own food and supplies)
- Outdoor gatherings for families through the fall – e.g. nature walks, playdates, games in the backyard
- Book Club nights in small groups or on Zoom
- Access to our member library by requesting materials and picking up in West Chicago
- Homeschool 101 nights with an experienced homeschool mom
- Encouragement and friendship for homeschool parents
- Facebook and email group for homeschooling information and resources
- In the spring semester we hope to host a history academic fair depending on guidelines at the time